Sunday, May 30, 2010

Pillow Case Skirt

Who could resist such a challenge??






I'm all about skirts, you know. Besides being way more comfortable than jeans, skirts are fun to twirl, and make me feel more "at home" with myself. This is who I am. I love to dress up, love to try new things, and love to alter or create anything I can get my hands on.



I made the last skirt from upholstery fabric. Yes, indeed, I did.



Tonight I was looking for a plain skirt to alter. It seems that I don't actually own a plain jane skirt, but there was a pillowcase folded on the couch. The lowly white pillowcase needed a makeover.

And so the fun begins...

Cut off bottom, closed end. Cut a slit in the top hem, and thread elastic through.

Cut up strips of anything you want to use. I thought I'd use another pillow case, but then saw this lace curtain and gauzy yellow fabric. Gather material and sew on. I didn't bother to hem or measure. This is a fun, easy skirt...meant to have a slightly messy, uneven look just-for-the-heck-of-it. Easy, fast. Sewing while watching movies is double the pleasure. I get relaxing time with the Man, while also getting my Craft On.


Trying it on, before sewing up the top.



Finished.
I do need to at least clip the threads off!! And possibly wear a shirt that semi-matches, instead of my tankini.

So many skirt ideas, so little time.



Linking Back to:



make it wear it

4 comments:

sara said...

I love this skirt! Soooo cute!

Cat@BudgetBlonde said...

This is so amazing and creative. I love it!

Just what are those Woods up to? said...

That's so great! But you asked "Who could resist such a challenge?" : Me! I would totally have screwed it up.

Harmony said...

Oh my goodness! I love this!! What a great idea! I love that you used a pillow case to make yourself a skirt instead of a little girl's dress/shirt. I have a few plain white mis-matched pillow cases from over the years that I think would be perfect for such a thing! Thank you!!